Skip to main content

Wirecutters

Most who know me know that I love technology. iPods (hmm dating myself with that one huh?), tablets, PC's, Macs - I have been and still am on both sides of the Android/iPhone debate. Recently - well a little bit ago - I jumped over to the Apple world as far as phones. I had been rocking in the "Galaxy" for years...but suddenly things began changing. No, not with "Galaxy" but in my life (address, job...) so I figured this would be as good a time as any to make some more changes - changes that I implemented. So I switched to the iPhone. Took some getting used to but I'm pretty happy with my choice. Plus, now I could get my hands (ears) on the earpods. Now this was right at Black Friday so I'm like "SWEET"! New tech for me ANNNNDDDD holiday discounts! 

Well apparently everybody - NO LITERALLY EVERYBODY - had the exact same idea. Black Friday came and went and I was still rocking the same wired headphones that came with my phone. Why? Because EVERYWHERE I went was sold out! Every tech store, phone distributor, gadget shop - not one set of earpods to be found. Ok fine...figured I'd ask Santa (don't judge me, LOL)

Christmas morning finally arrived annnnd nope. They were not under the tree that morning.I couldn't believe it! I'd been an especially good girl (LOL). The only thing that could have happened was they were still sold out. Those tiny while pieces of tech that I just couldn't wait to get my hands, I mean ears on were nowhere to be found. Santa? Oh he tried...he actually left ME a note explaining how he couldn't find any either and his workshop was out, too. He did promise that he would get me a pair next Christmas. Yeah, serious huh?

So I put a pin in the hunt for the illusive and super popular headphones but I still wanted a set of wireless earbuds. i did some researching, asking opinions, taking surveys - (hey it was THAT serious) and decided on the Jlab earbuds. One great thing about them is that  they are not super pricey. Plus, they have great packaging, instructions on use, pairing, charging and came with this sleek charging case. The earbuds charge in the case! Nice! The case itself also has a built in charging port that you can plug into your PC. I'm thinking I'm winning! I can shop, walk around, run on the treadmill (yeah right) without being entangled in headphone wires. It's wonderful, freeing...well it was...until they stopped working.

Not both of them just one stopped working...well not completely. It no longer pairs to the other earbud and I get no sound out of it when used by itself...except to say "GOODBYE" for some reason. UGH! Frustrated to say the least. Good thing I purchased the protection/replacement plan for these earbuds. Otherwise, I might have to find Santa and have him make good on his promise for a set of airpods a bit earlier than next Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi