Skip to main content

Who Are You? - Teddy Masters

Hello hello hello! That's right, blogosphere, your girl Mackgurl is here! And guess what? I have a guest! Yes I found another willing participant for the WHO ARE YOU? series.  Mr. Teddy Masters has agreed to let me pull back the curtain of his life...just a little.


Mackgurl: My guest today is Mr. Teddy Masters. Mr. Masters, how are you this evening?
Mr. Masters: Teddy, please. I'm doing quite well thanks.
Mackgurl: Hmm, Teddy? Is that short for Theodore or is your name actually Teddy?
Teddy: Neither, lol. It's a nickname I was given - actually, folks say I'm like a living breathing Teddy Bear, lol. So the name kinda stuck.
Mackgurl: Ahhhh, nice. Ok cool. So Teddy (trying so hard not to say Teddy Bear, hehehe), what is that you do? 
Teddy: I work in home remodeling and demolition.
Mackgurl: Ooooh really? So you gut, tear down and rebuild houses - making them even better than they were before? Like the shows on TV? The ones that follow designers who do home makeovers? 
Teddy: LOL, yeah something like that.
Mackgurl: Nice!!! So when will you have your own show? Wait do you have your own show??
Teddy: Whoa, lol nah I don't have a show - well not yet lol
Mackgurl: Ayyyeee! I hear that. So how long have you been in this line of work?
Teddy: It will be a year in March. So still kinda new.
Mackgurl: New is good. Can learn everything you need, get some practice in before the first episode of The House that Teddy Built airs, right?
Teddy: LOL, Mackgurl that's a pretty good name for a home design show. 
Mackgurl: Hmmm well, if no WHEN you get ready, let me know...I might gift that show title to you.
Teddy: Thanks!
Mackgurl: No doubt. Home remodeling and demo - what do you like the most about your job?
Teddy: What I like most is seeing the faces of the home owners when various jobs that they thought couldn't be done, are finished. Not only finished but done right. That look of joy and amazement - that's what I like.
Mackgurl: Wow! It's a job but you get something out of it, too. Yeah sure the homeowners are made happy by a successful remodel that probably exceeds their expectations but you get to know that you played a part in their happiness. Very nice.
Teddy: Thanks.
Mackgurl: As good as that all sounds, is there anything that you have discovered that you don't like about what you do?
Teddy: The part I like the least is when we have to remove items - family items- that were left behind. Usually the items are left behind when families get evicted. Photos, clothes, dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, boxes and boxes of mementos...I can just imagine how much that had to hurt - to leave all this behind because they just couldn't take it with them.
Mackgurl: Aww man, that does sound awful. All of those keepsakes, memories, these families had to leave, knowing they would be thrown away...You know Teddy, you seem to me like a very caring man with a sensitive side. 
Teddy: (Chuckles) Yeah, guess I live up to my name.
Mackgurl: LOL indeed, indeed.  Teddy, thank you so much for taking the time to chat with me tonight. Oh and don't forget to contact me when you get ready to start filming THE HOUSE THAT TEDDY BUILT for that home channel.
Teddy: LOL You are most welcome. It was my pleasure and I will definitely let you know about the TV show LOL
Mackgurl: Excellent! Okay, now you know how this works...one last question for you - Teddy Masters, WHO ARE YOU?
Teddy: Who I am is simple. I am a man who has laughed, cried, and been put down but is still standing. A man who loves God first, a family man who will do anything in my power to help someone. A man who has loved and been loved. A man who's had his heart broken and who's broken a few hearts. But most importantly, I am a man who has morals, values and integrity. And I will not compromise them for anyone.

Well there you have it, Saints & Aints... this installment of the WHO ARE YOU? series is complete. My sincere thanks to Mr. Teddy "Teddy Bear" Masters for allowing me to borrow him for this interview.

If you know someone who you think would make a good interview, what are you waiting for? Send me an email and tell me all about them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi