Skip to main content

Nite Nite..

Sleep...no I'm not suggesting that you go to sleep right now. But sleep is something that we have to do no matter what...yes even those of us who have had a lightning incident alter their sleep patterns so that they average about 4-5 hours of sleep/night (that's a story for another time)...but yes even WE have to sleep. Personally, I am not a big fan of sleep. Why? Well that's because - what? Ok. No, Ok I will tell them. Sorry about that but my agent (yeah, uh huh lol) my agent wants to make sure that I give a few reasons why sleep is vital so here goes:
  1. Rest & Restore - The human body needs sleep in order to give our bodies time to recover from all we put them through during any given day.
  2. Health Problems - Lack of sleep can lead to problems such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney problems, even stroke.
  3. Weight loss - Lack of sleep can be a culprit in adding on the pounds (no this does NOT give you permission to do your best sleeping princess/prince routine to get beach-bod ready for this summer.)
  4. Cognitive function - You remember in school when you partied too hard I mean stayed up too late doing homework (wink wink) and the next day you could barely remember your name? Or when you're so tired that suddenly you get punchy and everything is funny? Yeah, lack of sleep played a role (and whatever else you got into the night before ahem...)
  5. Quality of Life - If you are too tired you won't be able to do any of the fun stuff that you want to do (movies, go out with friends, go on dates, travel) or any of the not so fun stuff (work, grocery shop, clean your house...) that you have to do. Basically, you have to sleep to live. 
Now here's why I don't like sleep:
  1.  It's boring. I mean there are soooooooooooo many other things that I could do during those 4-5 hours when I'm lying basically semicomatose with no control of my body. No I'm not going to list them all (It's really ALOT)
  2. Lying semicomatose with no control over my body. No I don't sleep walk, talk or eat thankfully but literally I have no idea what goes on during those 4-5 hours
  3. Completely unaware for 4-5 hours every night. This! THIS is what really does it for me. I have absolutely no idea what happens when sleep shuts my body down. Does ANYTHING happen?? No, I don't just mean physically but does anything happen around you? Now before you say no, how would you know? If someone were to come into your bedroom and were really quiet (I'm talking expert church-mouse status) would you know? How much could they do before you became aware enough to wake up? Could they rearrange your room (remember expert level church-mouse), take stuff, move stuff? Could they film you? Photograph you? Or do something far more nefarious and sinister? 
I'm guessing most of you probably never gave it much thought, huh? Just put on your fave PJs or whatever (hey, you're grown...) turn on some music/tv, yawn, close your eyes and wait for sweet slumber and sweeter dreams. Right? Well, what about now? Will you think about it when you slide between your sheets, crawl under your blankets? Right before that last slow blink, right before you're visited by the man with sand  - will you think "Hmmm, maybe I should lock my bedroom door..."

Sweet dreams, 
Mackgurl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi