Skip to main content

Cast Off

Letting go isn't always an easy thing.  It is most times, well, a necessary thing...of course necessary has nothing to do with easy. 

How many of you are currently in a relationship? No, not with chocolate or alcohol but an actual relationship with another person? They text you or call you every day several times a day...you're making plans to see them before you even finish with one date...you miss them when your time together for that date is drawing to an end...you see them walking towards you and you can't help but smile, waiting for that hug, that kiss...you have so much fun with them you can't imagine them not being around... Fun stuff right? (Ok well most of the time it is - if not, get out but that's a post for another time) 

Ok so for all the currently boo'd up readers, is this your first relationship? Hmm, I'm guessing probably not - at least for most anyway. So at some point you were head over heels for someone else. Each day you woke up excited at the mere thought of them...couldn't live without them,  right? But look at you now - all living without them and stuff. Somehow you managed to let go of those feelings for THAT person and transfer them (or ones like them) to a new person.

Think back - did you ever think you could do it? How about that first time you saw them after the breakup or them ghosting (as is most common these days)? How did that feel? Did you avoid them sorta kinda or were you bold and smiled at them? Ha! Stop lying you know you went and crossed the street to avoid them LOL. Ooh okay well how about that first time you saw them WITH someone else, smiling and looking happy...how'd that feel? That smile that was reserved for you...those arms that once held you close...those lips that kissed yours with such passion... Hmm yeah not such a good feeling thinking they are being given to someone else now, huh?

As bad as that felt...as many times as you said "Maaaan, I'm done with dating...done with putting myself out there...tired of being hurt so I'm going to buy a cat/dog and become the mean crotchety old lady/old man that terrorizes teenagers and folks in love at random...as many times as you said all that, you let it go. I'm not saying it wasn't difficult...I'm sure it was scary as all get out to put yourself back out there to try again...(yes I'm speaking from experience)TO LET GO  of those feelings weighing you down and to move on from that romance that you thought would never end...

And aren't you glad you did?

Comments

  1. I actually did not. I took time for my self. No matter the compliments I hear I am on my me time now. I got caught up in something that was good, but started to not feel good for me as time passed.This lady was sweet and nice. But I found myself breaking a lesson I learned a long time ago. "As my mind and heart had got so close to the point that I feel you with in my spirit yet I seen you so little" I got into something that I promised I would never do again.... distance." She was a lovely lady, smart, awesome, and sweetest person you can ever know whole heartily.I wish this person the very best. But hope she learn like I did to take that me time. Hopes and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things don't always work out how we'd like. But at the end of the day, you had to do what was best for you. I'm of the mindset that distance is relative and often times only temporary. Take me for instance, I just moved not too long ago. Happy you met someone sweet enough that you would only hope for them the best in life. I'm sure she wishes the same for you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi