Skip to main content

Say Cheese!

When it's time to have your picture taken, you can almost bet that someone (usually the photographer) will udder that phrase - SAY CHEESE! Why? Probably because it's next to impossible to properly say CHEESE without showing your teeth at least a little bit. Ha! You just tried it didn't you? LOL Did you move your lips and show your teeth or are you studying to be a ventriloquist? At any rate the goal is to have you smile for your photo or at least have you produce a reasonable facsimile of a smile. 

Or maybe you are a photog King or Queen. As soon as you see a camera or  camera phone your smile is at the ready! The paparazzi will never catch you slipping. But what about when you're not about to pose like a super model. Do you smile? What I mean is, are you usually presenting a happy, smiling face to the world? Or are you a mean-mugging so and so? 

What does your smile or lack of a smile mean? If you're mean-mugging, is it because you're angry/upset/sad? Is it just the way your face is setup? LOL IJS is that just your normal expression - doesn't mean anything necessarily - just your face?  Or maybe you just don't like your smile? Do you use mean-mugging to keep people away? Does it sometimes work too well?

How do you use your smile, Smiley? Do you have a disarming smile? A smile that's so warm, so inviting, that you flash it at will? Do you use your smile to put people at ease, calm tense situations? Do you use your smile to express how happy you are with yourself, your life, your situation? Do you smile because you want those around you to know that things are great in your world? But are they - or are you just putting on a brave face?

Me? I hardly ever smile in my pictures. I just happen to think my smile is too big...somehow it manages to takeover my ENTIRE face LOL. See I have these cheeks that are not small even when I'm not smiling. So my photos usually have me mean-mugging or maybe a slight smirk/grin combo but in person, I am ALL smiles.

So to you I say this - the next time you're posing for a photo, or the next time you walk past a stranger, the next time you meet someone for the first time, the next time you're hurting but know that a brave face is required, the next time you're alone and wonder why your circle is so small - Smile and see what happens...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi