Skip to main content

Computer Love

I think at some point in our lives we have all experienced what it feels like to be in LOVE. Okay, maybe not EVERYONE but most of us have. Just one thought of that person and you are beaming the most beatific smile...you don't even have to be in their presence just the mere thought of them. You just thought of someone, didn't you? LOL I know you did. Any who, that person you thought of (stop lying you know you thought of them) how did you meet them? Through friends, work at a coffee shop (always thought that was so romantic when it happened...in the movies of course). And how did you know they were the one? That you were IN LOVE with this person? How long did it take before you realized it? 

"Sheesh, why so nosy, Mackgurl?" I'm being nosy, I mean I'm asking because what I really want to know is this - Do you believe in love at first sight? You know, that feeling of being thunderstruck as soon as you lay eyes on them...a person you've never seen before? You can't explain it but you just know THIS person is the love of your life!

If you do believe in LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT, does it have to actually be in person? Don't laugh, I'm serious. Oh come on, with the increase of people using social media for everything (biz startups, music promotion) including dating apps is it possible to fall in love with someone from just say a photo? So you're scrolling online on your fave social media platform and then it happens. Your eyes fall to the most beautiful/handsome face you have EVER seen! Something about them calls out to you - no explanation for it. I mean sure they're pretty/cute but that's not it. It's that feeling of being hit by a boulder (no I have no idea what that's like but I can imagine a boulder would hit pretty hard). This is it! This is the person you've been waiting to meet and you didn't even know it. Even now, you've not spoken one word to this person. Can this be love?

Suppose you muster the courage to reach out to them and now you're chatting. The more you chat, the more your feelings grow and are solidified.  Maybe you even progress to video calls. It's like they are right there with you. Talking to you! With a voice you just knew would be as melodic as it turned out to be. But (uh oh, here we go) you've never ACTUALLY met them. Sure you talk everyday, for hours and hours but you've never been physically in there presence. I know people who've been in love and in LDRs (long distance relationships) say video chats are wonderful for this purpose. Feels like you're with them. 

Okay, I can see that but we aren't talking about people who have been dating, have ACTUALLY met and for whatever reason find themselves in a LDR. No, we are talking about someone you've only met online...seen a few photos and maybe a phone call, maybe not. Just messages...Still think it's possible? 

Have you ever fallen in love with someone you've never met? How did it work out? Drop me a line at mackgurl@gmail.com and tell me ALL about it.

Sending virtual hugs and kisses,
Mackgurl


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi