Skip to main content

Irksomes or more commonly known as Pet Peeves

This list doesn't really need much lead in. Suffice it say, it's a list of irritants that are particularly peevish to me. If any of these resonate with you,. let me know. If you have some of your own that you'd like to add, feel free.

I will probably add to this list as the peeves present themselves. So here are a few of pesky peevers - in no no particular order:

1. Smokers - smoking is a nasty and  utterly unhealthy habit. In the 50's and even earlier, smoking was seen as the cool, sexy thing to do. Back then, smokers lit up in restaurants and movie theaters and pretty much anywhere else they wanted. The perils of the puffing away on the myriad brands of coffin nails and various cancer sticks wasn't advertised or even widely known. Until recently, smokers could still light up in restaurants - as long as they were in the SMOKING SECTION! Really? So the gray tendrils of death wafting from YOUR cigarette or cigar knew to stop at the invisible line, that usually ended at the bar?!? It's 2010 PEOPLE! The truth about the carcinogenic drags is not only known but advertised all over the place...including the packages! Besides, I have a right not to SMOKE - first hand, second-hand - whatever! I don't smoke!?! As much as cigarettes cost, you should be stingy with the smoke! Keep it to yourself.
2. "Sunday Drivers" - These drivers don't always wait until Sunday to venture out and ruin the rubber- meets- the- road experience for the rest of us. Now, I'm not advocating painting your card red, welding the doors shut and affixing a Dixie flag to your car doors (ala the General Lee - did I really need to explain that?). But please, if you are going to religiously drive 20-25 miles BELOW the speed limit, can you please NOT drive in the fast lane?
3. Fake Smilers  - no true sentiment expressed with these people who simply gnash their teeth at you. If only they knew they looked much less like they were smiling as opposed to looking as if they were suffering from  a big ol' gas pain. I'm just saying.
4. Telemarketers - okay so I know it's a job and with the economy being what it is, I don't fault anyone who's actually working  but do you have to call during dinner??? Or when I'm watching Leverage or White Collar or for pity's sake FRINGE?!?! Be considerate, telemarketers and I won't have to sound the air horn into the receiver when you call.
5. Personal-Space Invaders - I know there are millions, no billions of people on the planet earth and the planet isn't growing. However, there is, in fact, enough real estate and oxygen left for you NOT to feel the need to be "all up in mine". When I exhale a breath you don't need to be standing so close that when you inhale you're sucking my C02's! That's just gross. Cats do that, too you know. Sleep on your chest and inhale when you breathe out...or at least that one cat did in that Stephen King flick. Nasty!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi