Skip to main content

In theaters...

     Hello, hello! Tomorrow is one of the my all time favorite days of the week - Friday! Yeah, yeah, sure it's the start of the weekend and all that - yes yes, I know it's one day closer to when two local NC teams meet on the unforgiving gridiron (Go 'HEELS!) - and I know for some, tomorrow is pay day. But I'm not talking about any of that - I'm talking about NEW RELEASE FRIDAY!!! I absolutely love going to the movies. While romance is my book of choice for movies it's all about ACTION. And you know,  action can come in many guises - horror, sci-fi or just a really good thriller. It's a good bet that I will be taking in at least one - perhaps two - of these 2-hour escapes from bills, budgets and busted diets. With the offerings this week, I sure hope this stuff is all movie magic.

Paranormal Activity: Ok - so this one isn't new but I had to mention it. Based on the clips and previews, this looks like one movie that is sure to spike way up on the creepy meter. From what I can tell, and again, I'm guessing here, this couple's experiencing some bumps in the night -bumps in the night that can't be explained away with the usual house is just settling crap. Some critics are saying that this is one of the best horror flix ever - and apparently,it was done on a rather low budget. People were supposedly leaving the theaters shaking - visibly shaking and way creeped out - were talkin' grown women AND men! Can't wait to catch this one. Starring: No one I know - but I think that was the point.

The Fourth Kind: So most of us have heard about the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977, Directed by Stephen Spielberg). I don't know why - maybe it's because I was only a baby when this came out - but I've never known what the other two kinds were. Well, I googled and came across and IMDB site that shows the original promotional materials. One of the taglines explained it: 1st kind is a UFO sighting, 2nd kind is physical proof and third kind is actual contact. So the question begs: what the deuce is the FOURTH KIND? From the previews, it almost looks like a physical possession. Sounds a little too close to me but I can't wait to see it! Starring: Milla Jovovich, Elias Koteas

The Box: Ok - not completely convinced I want to see this one. The story looks to be about a family who is experiencing some money problems. Then a mysterious box appears with an even more mysterious man. There's something about pushing a button inside the box that will grant the the buttun-pusher a million dollars. But - of course there's a but, isn't there always?? - but someone they don't know will die. Ok - so say your family is broke  - you have bill collectors hounding you - and you just lost your job and this guy shows up promising a million dollars but to get it, they become in essence hitmen by proxy? Would you do it? Hmm, thinking about it aren't you? Starring: Cameron Diaz, James Marsden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi