Skip to main content

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

 Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN. 

He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easier next time he wants to rearrange his room. I thought, "hmm, mi persona favorito is smart! Then to make more space for his Oscar, he put more of his things into boxes. He loves me so much and wants to make sure I have plenty of space to run and play. He even had his Papa get more boxes for his things. So sweet...

By the end of the weekend, his room looked like a hotel room waiting for a guest to arrive. Who was that guest? Oscar...yes, he and his Papa checked me into the remodeled, mostly empty and super clean room and then they left. No big deal...I mean I had my bed and my snacks and favorito beverage (water). So, I was fine until they came back from visiting my otra bestie or shopping.

 Little while later, they came back. Yay!! His Papa opened the door and I ran out. I saw mi otra bestie and gave her a grin all the while looking for mi persona favorito. I ran to the front door and looked out...no persona favorito. 



That's when I heard his Papa say "I wonder how he's doing at college?" COLLEGE!!??! LA UNIVERSIDAD?!!! Noooo those estudiantes live at LA UNIVERSIDAD!!!  So mi persona favorito wasn't coming right back. Maybe he will see his Oscar on a holiday?

I was sad but then I got angry. I'm still angry! They didn't even warn me...you know, so I could prepare myself - or hide in one of his boxes...

Anyway, when he comes home for a break or that major holiday, I'm not running to meet him at the door. Nope. Not until he apologizes for leaving his Oscar like that. Oh and there had better be treats! Lots of them...specifically these treats


If not, QUE PENA!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w