Skip to main content

Oscar Chronicles - Security!

Hola mis amores! How was your day? Mine was good...I got to see some more of my familia. Nope they didn't come to visit. And no we didn't video chat. WE went to see them. That's right! ROAD TRIP! So much fun when we get away from home for a little while. This was especially fun because it was to see familia and mi familia loves me. Plus, they spoil me (smile). They know that I am royalty so, they treat me like a Prince. Treats, treats and more treats (YUMMY!) Everyone just loves me being around so much - well almost everyone (👀). One family member isn't in love with me. I know, it is quite shocking, no?Why does she not love or even like Oscar? Well, as usual it is no fault of mine. I've been a victim of a character assassination! No, really - permitame to explain. 

Some time ago, mi familia and I went on this same familia visiting trip.  It was so much fun and everyone loved being around me and they all thought I was so cute (smile). This one persona thought I was cute - from a distance. She didn't love me but I don't think she hated me. I know this because when mi familia left to go on an important mission (perhaps to get chips for Oscar? hmm) she was fine with being left alone in the house with me. She told them she was going to grab a shower and watch some tv until they got back. So off she goes into the bano and I hear the sound of the water. I started to patrol the house and on my last pass I heard the sound of the grass eater machine. I hopped on the sofa and could clearly see the hombre with the grass eater in the yard. As I watched him, my Oscar-senses began to tingle. Something was not right. Oh no! I can see the hombre clearly because someone has forgotten to close the window things - blindees? About that time I realize that I don't hear water anymore. Mi persona has finished her shower and will be walking out any minute - in the full view of the grass eater hombre!

As soon as I had that thought, opened the door.  Of course I had to warn her! I jumped off the sofa, raced to her and used all my volume to try to warn her not to come out. Apparently, she didn't  understand because she looked terrified. Then she began to yell at me to be quiet. All she heard is growling and barking and not the warning I tried so valiantly to give her. She made a move to get around me but I knew I was the only thing between her and the hombre seeing her without clothes.

I continued to try to warn her, my growls and barks even louder and she thankfully backed up and slammed the door to the bano. Relieved, I sat down at the door and heard her on her phone. She screamed at mi familia to "...come get their crazy dog!" What?! CRAZY?!! She's told them I've trapped her in the bano and won't let her out. I'm remember thinking at least my mission was accomplished - but no to her I was being mean and crazy! The last scream to mi familia was "I'm not leaving this bathroom until you come get this dog so hurry up!"Mi familia rushed home and of course started to fuss at me. They continued to yell and then put me outside! That's the thanks I got for doing my job, eh? 

And now? Well, now this persona thinks I'm muy mal - EVIL! And nothing could be further from the truth. Maybe one day we will be amigos again. I did my job - I kept the grass eater hombre from getting a free show. Sigh...I guess a hero's job isn't always noticed or appreciated. Hopefully someone will check the window blindees before they leave the house next time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi