Skip to main content

Oscar Chronicles - Invited to the Cookout

 Hola!! Did you miss me? I already know that you did. How could you not miss Oscar? (smile) Well you will be happy to hear that I survived my chip binge without punishment!!! Isn't that great?! In fact, they said not a word about it at all. Kinda weird to be honest. Part of me wonders if this calm, non-reaction is because I am just this truly beloved or if this is simply the calm before the storm? It has to be because I am beloved - after all, it's been weeks since that happened. Or...are they just waiting on me to do something else? Something worse then devouring those sinfully delicious chips??

No es importa - my weekend was great! My helpers had extra people over. I'm not sure why but it seemed like a fiesta! Lots of foods - even meat on the hot box. I think I heard them call it an EGG...doesn't look like an EGG to me. Whatever it's called, it puts that wonderful taste into the pork chops and chicken so nice and smokey!! Oh yeah they had some lettuce but what do I want with green leaves? There's MEAT!!!  EGG or not, where I was posted (below the hot box) I could catch the delicious drippings and maybe an occasional dropped meaty treat. No luck on the dropped meaty treat but those delicious drippings - the fatty goodness - were all for me. YUMMY!! 

Maybe it was because the fiesta was in full swing with music, food and drinks - I got lucky. I don't know if they were careless or just being nice but I did get a few pieces of meat given to me. And before I knew it I was quite full. My little svelte belly was simply poking out - but I was happy and sleepy. Ready for a nap! But not outside, on the steaming hot ground. I need the chill of the A/C. So I figured with everyone going in and out I could just slip in when they opened the door. I'd take a quick nap and come back for more MEAT! And so I did.

But when I woke up to go back outside to ahem - relieve myself before getting more MEAT there was a problem. No one was coming back inside. I ran to the backdoor - nobody. I ran to the front door - nobody. All I could hear was music and laughter! How dare they laugh when I am literally sitting here with all 4 legs crossed...willing myself not to...Oh no!!! What do I do? What do I do? What do I...Ahhhh that's much better. Ay dios mio! I went on the floor?!!! 

Hmm, now where did I put that magic Hide-a-Oscar blanket?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi