Skip to main content

Oscar Chronicles - It Ain't My Fault

 Hello, how are you? Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Oscar. Before I get into my story, let me make sure you know how to say my name correctly. As I said, my name is Oscar but it is pronounced Osk-ar. My family -yes, I permit them t get away with mispronouncing my name. But that's just because they love me so much. To be honest, they call me many cute names...I must admit "Oskey" is one of my faves. One of my family members calls me "Owee" LOL.

My family is really great. All my needs are met. They're basically like my helpers, or friends -except when they get on my nerves. Like those times one of them stays in the bathroom for like TWENTY MINUTES!!! I mean really, others need to go too. Now, they don't speak my language but somehow we understand each other. Sort of like that look that you get from your Mama. The one that says "No...you better not...try me..." So I give them a look and they come do what I need. Open the door for me, give me massages, make all my meals...What you thought I prepared my meals? Ha! And risk messing up my nails? No way! They prepare my meals, snacks and all my beverages. 

So right now, this is me.

And I bet you're wondering how I got here. Where? Look closely...really, really closely. Yep - that's me. Still don't see me? That's great...for me. (SMILE) Why?

Well you know how we were talking about languages and how some things are just universally understood? Not the angry looks from a Mama - no the language I mean is the universal language of chips!!! MMMM the crackle, crumple sound of the bag sends me running! It speaks to me. I cannot resist! Aaahh the delightful sound the chips make when they are crunched and nibbled on. The mere opening of the bag is enough to send me running in search of the salty goodness. 

So it's hardly my fault that when they opened the bag of my favorite chips (the ones with the hint of lime) AND then left the bag - OPENED - on the couch AND left the room that I helped myself. Ok so I ate them. All of them! I couldn't help it! They were speaking to me, calling to me...so I ate them!

Oooh my family is going to be so angry with me...if they can find me. 

             

What do you think? 
 I think I'm just going to lie really still...at least until they go to bed. 
Wish me luck...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi