Skip to main content

Food 4 Thought


How many of you eat food? Yeah really? Me too? Now how many of you are sick of it? Oh it’s just me? Fine - I mean I'm not saying I want to quit eating (there's a very serious condition and that is NOT what I'm talking about) What I'm saying is that I'm basically BORED with food? Think about it...what do you eat? Hmm let's see I'm going to guess, chicken, beef, pork...yeah they are good, GREAT even (especially BACON!!! OMG) but how many times do you eat the same thing say every 3 days?

Not me...I'm a VEGETARIAN!...I don't eat MEAT" Ok cool but still you ONLY eat vegetables! If you're normal (hmm, ok average? Is average better than normal? I think so)...so if you're AVERAGE you probably don't like every vegetable available to you. So you end up eating the same handful of veggies You probably use your CREATIVITY in the preparation of your VEGETARIAN DELIGHTS but it's still THE SAME FOOD!!

Vegan, you say? Well you DEFINITELY have to be creative in what you eat on a daily. Still mostly vegetables but the prep is much stricter. Oh and let's not forget MEAT SUBSTITUTES (TOFURKEY - tofu turkey - yeah IDK if that's a real thing... or burgers made from, well anything but meat...)

Now here's the thing - they haven't come up with any NEW food… And if they did, would you eat it? Would I? IDK - doubt it...I mean I'm as brave as the next person but I'm still trying to figure out the level of bravery and curiosity of the first person to eat an oyster

Social media showed people eating MICE on a stick. Meh, come on man that's just too damn far! Frog legs - not new but definitely not super mainstream and definitely a NO for me.
Maybe the solution is to thrown in a few other countries/culture’s foods. Same proteins, veggies, starch sources with say a Korean chef's skill?
Oh now, look I'm still going to eat. And yeah, probably the same few protein and veggies that I like (it's a REALLY small number) Hmm, maybe I will use my CREATIVITY - dice everything up, mix them all together, bake it and VOILA, casserole!

Bon appetit!
Mackgurl


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet ๐Ÿ˜œ This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi