Skip to main content

Peter Piper Picked A Pepper, But My Name's Not Pepper

You ever wonder why you weren't picked? Maybe you don't know the hurt of being in school and being the last one standing when picking teams for dodgeball, softball or kickball teams.(Hey, I was/am a nerd so I did get selected for the debate team, math-letes WOOHOO) But those of you who are not familiar with that pain, let me tell you - All you can think of at that point is WHY NOT ME?  WHY DIDN'T THEY PICK ME? WHY DON'T THEY LIKE ME? Now, most times it's not about popularity - unless you are trying to be chosen for a team led by a gaggle of mean chicks - but I digress. My question is this - when does it stop? Actually, does it ever or does it just carry over into other parts of our lives? Okay, let's look at a few examples:

When you through your hat in the ring for a new job or promotion, you're probably pitted against a bunch of other applicants. If you're not selected, do those thoughts run through your mind? WHY NOT ME? WHY DIDN'T THEY PICK ME? WHY DON'T THEY LIKE ME?

Or what about when you shoot your shot and the person you're interested in instead picks someone else to give all of their time and attention, love to. Do you think, have you ever thought WHY NOT ME? WHY DIDN'T THEY PICK ME? WHY DON'T THEY LIKE ME?

Even worse - what if you're seriously vibing with someone. I'm mean, dates, talking on the phone for HOURS, texting back and forth all day long and so naturally you're thinking - YES! This is it! Finally! Someone picked me back! And then it happens...They pull a Casper and ghost you. I mean all comms drop off or become iffy at best. You try to convince yourself, HEY IT'S OK...ALL ROMANCES/RELATIONSHIPS GO THROUGH THIS COMFY STAGE, RIGHT? AFTER ALL, THEY PICKED ME, RIGHT?? RIGHT?!!?! Then one day you see on social media (insert your favorite media platform here) that there's a reason for them ghosting you. The person you picked, who picked you back - has picked someone else!!! OMG! NOW WHAT??!! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? BUT THEY PICKED ME?? DIDN'T THEY? and of course - WHY DON'T THEY LIKE ME? WHY HER & NOT ME? You may as well let all those questions go. You'll probably never get an answer to these questions,  if you're brave enough to ask them, that is...

So yeah, that last part happened to me. SUCKED! Anyway, I'm not all that brave when it comes these sorts of things bug the opportunity presented itself on social media (I know I know...) and the response was the closest thing to closure I've ever received. It was part of this 4 question thing (you know how these things go) where you post and then people can inbox you for Q&A. So one of the questions was WHAT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU'VE WANTED TO SAY TO ME? His response: I WISH MY HEART HAD BEEN READY. This was perfection! It put the onus on him and relieved me from wondering WHY NOT ME? WHY DIDN'T HE PICK ME? WHY DIDN'T HE LIKE ME? I wasn't really angry with him before this response (ok so yeah maybe my feelings were hurt, a little) but this made everything, well ok. I wish him well in his relationship and in life in general.

So can you relate to any of these examples? Or were you always ALWAYS the one PICKED? Or maybe, you were the PICKER...

Peace,
Mackgurl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi