Skip to main content

Caffeinated Contemplation

I've been accused on more than one occasion of being a DEEP thinker. Hmm, not sure if at the time they were trying to say I was smart, possessed a super high intellect or maybe they caught me while I was spacing out and were being sarcastic??? Who knows but they were definitely on to something (I leave it up to you to decide which was right. Be warned, YMMV.

At any rate, I was at one of my fave hangout spots (STARBUCKS) and was noticing a few things...and those things got me started down this winding road of thoughts. Deep? IDK. Random? For sure!

Why are people so comfy leaving their valuables unattended in Starbucks? No seriously. There was a guy at the table next to me, diligently working on some sort of report. He has a laptop, charger, book bag, wireless mouse, cell phone and perhaps the most valuable of all, a tablet full of handwritten notes (Yes, I noticed all that.) Well this same guy just got up, packed his laptop in his book bag and walked away. Leaving everything else on the table. Where did he go? I’m guessing the restroom but my point is why leave all this valuable stuff and walk away? No concerns about theft? Is there some unwritten rule at Starbucks that people don’t steal from fellow Starbuckians? (New word alert - patent-pending). Amazingly enough, no one bothered his stuff. People came in and out - a few even looked over at his table - but kept it moving. Amazing! Who knew? While I am impressed by this seemingly honor-code driven culture, I will pack up all my items before walking away (for the bathroom, more coffee, napkins, etc.)

Pedestrians UGH! - Okay, so if you drive a car, truck, minivan, I’m sure at some point you’ve come across a pedestrian or two. Hopefully, you gave them a wide enough berth as they SLOWLY ambled across the street. I bet on at least one of those occasions you said, out loud, “Ugh, Get across the street already!Sheesh! You’re only going this slowly because you know you have the right of way!!”  Funny thing is, you only say these things until you’re a pedestrian, lol. Then the script changes. “UGH! Hey, dude I have the right of way here. I’m a pedestrian, stop rushing me! Go ahead, hit me. I will take all your money in court” Oh, don’t act like you’ve NEVER! Oh really? Okay then, what about someone on a bike? You have to treat them like a car, right? Even when they are "biking" in the lane in front of you, way under the posted speed limit?! And then when you get to the stop light/stop sign what do they do? Keep biking right on through it. Wait! Thought we had to treat them like a vehicle! Why do they get to ride through the light!!??! Still want to say you NEVER had these thoughts? Hmm...

Bottled water - I bet when the first guy said to his pals “Hey, I’m going to bottle water and sell it.” they laughed their collective asses off. “What?! Water? But people have water on tap. Why would ANYONE pay you for water when they can get it out of their tap?” The ribbing continued and of course he had to tell his pals “Hey Phil, Sammy says he’s going to bottle water and sell it?! HAHAHA A fool, that Sammy” Hmm, well we all know how that turned out.

So many random thoughts but it’s time to leave Starbucks for the day. No, they’re not closing - I just realized that I walked away from my table without my tablet, bag or notes and walked to the counter for banana nut bread. Yeah, definitely time to go, lol

Peace,
~Mackgurl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi