Skip to main content

Truths!!!

One of my fave responses when someones tells me something that I wholeheartedly agree with TRUTH!!! Some very well-known documents have this notion of  TRUTH(s) in them. In the Declaration of Independence, there is a line quoted to Thomas Jefferson that is chock full of truths about equality, rights - don't believe me? 
Check it out:  http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff157212.html

But that isn't what this post is about exactly. The list I have for you is full of truths - many that are pretty evident. Some, I'm sure you have already experienced for yourself. If not, just wait on it.

TRUTHS


  1. Ladies - when you wear your white dress/skirt/pants/shorts your body will decide that day would be a good day to start your time of the month.
  2. Fellas - when you wear your brand new kicks, you know the ones that you stood inline all day to buy? Someone will step on them after stepping in every mud hole they can find.
  3. The girl/guy you are crushing so hard on but has never given you the T.O.D.? Will not be interested in you until you are with someone else. (This one happened to me. I'm talking about complete with leaving notes on my car along with a really great mixtape - sigh)
  4. When you finally change your food and workout habits and drop like 25-30 pounds  - suddenly it's sexier to be a bit heavier, curvier, VOLUPTUOUS! And it's not just the ladies this will affect. Ever heard the term Dad Bod?  
  5. Thinking about number 4 - the same can be said for glasses. You get contacts or save up thousands of dollars for corrective vision surgery and suddenly people are falling over themselves to pay for expensive eyeglasses - WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION! Why? Because now, wearing glasses is so cool *rolls eyes*. 
Okay - there are a few to get your started. You have a few to add to the list? Let me know. Happy to post a few.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast #1

Yay! I've finally figured out how to get the recordings to show up on my blog. So this one is a actually a test recording. But I'm playing around here, so don't expect radio quality...at least not yet 😜 This first one is a recording of a post currently up on my blog titled Hostage Negotiations. May just add the recorded versions for those who'd rather listen than read. Plus, this new app has some pretty nifty features that I cannot wait to try out! Hostage podcast Peace, Mackgurl

Being Strong Is Not for the Weak

Sometimes you may get tired and fed up. I mean come on, life has a way of testing you…and I mean way worse than any pop quiz you might have had. Sometimes the test starts small. Broke a nail after a fresh manicure? Hit your shin on the corner of the bed? (ouch). Then maybe it ramps up to you dropping your brand new cell phone face down on the pavement…while trying to put on the screen protector. Ugh! That sucks, right? Then there are household bills...sure you have some, right?  Yeah, they eat away a good chunk of your paycheck but you’re managing. Then a major appliance dies…then some shingles fall off your roof.. Sucks but ok. It seems like one thing after another after another. Sigh... but somehow you’re standing strong and making do, holding on. And then…car issues start happening…flat tires, brakes need replacing and then transmission blows! What?!! But you’ve got to be strong right? You’re an adult and you can and have to deal with these things. You can manage, right? Yeah? So w

Oscar Chronicles - All By Myself

  Hola, mis amigos. I'm not going to ask if you missed me because - well, I already know you did. But more than that, I'm not going to ask because I'm sad, angry and hungry. Okay, perhaps I'm always interested in some snacks...Anyway, your Oscar is sad. Why? Is because a couple of weeks ago mi persona favorito decided to remodel his room. No really! He took all of the things out of the room - even my bed! At first I was angry thinking that he was kicking me out! He even took down his posters and emptied his closet! But then I started seeing him bringing some stuff back. Several pairs of his zapatos, some shirts and chaquetas. Some things he even put in the basura! Things that were too small or too old - you know how they do, right? So yes,  A MAJOR CLEANING. His room was like SUPER CLEAN.  He and his Papa also bought in new stuff. New zapatos, shirts, pants. The new stuff he put into a new bag. Nice! Good storage. It even has wheels!! So he can move it around a lot easi